Thursday, March 10, 2011

How it all began....

I have dreamed of owning a friesian since I was a little girl.  I was blessed with the opportunity to grow up around horses and they have always been an important part of my life.  My dream of becoming a friesian owner finally came true.  My boyfriend's daughter (Alyssa) had also wanted a a horse of her own since she was a little girl.  I started to teach her how to ride on my old (and blind) 28 year old arabian mare Firelove.  She was a natural around horses and quickly fell in love.  My boyfriend (Jim) and I decided to make both of our dreams come true in the summer of 2009.  We purchased a five year old friesian mare that was in foal to the beautiful stallion Anne.  Since it was both mine and Alyssa's birthdays in May and June, we decided that we would all become co-owners of these wonderful horses.  My dream of finally owning a friesian came true and Alyssa couldn't have been more excited to have a horse she could call her own!  Since that time, I have fallen even more in love with the breed.  Friesians have proven to be everything I had dreamed they would be and even more.  They are kind, gentle, smart and the most loving animals ever!  I feel blessed each and every day to have these amazing creatures in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment